1. Global data protection standards
Our handling of personal data is oriented towards global principles and standards. We are transparent in the use of your personal data, take your freedom of choice into consideration in the use of your data and comply with global rules and regulations regarding data security and data dissemination. We monitor the lawfulness of the processing of your data and comply with the data protection laws in the countries in which we operate.
3. Gathering and processing of personal data
4. Use of personal data
• To make offers and process orders, and to deliver, provide and invoice our products and services.
• To inform you about new products and functions, updates and upgrades, system enhancements, special offers and everything else in relation to VetZ and our products and services. In certain cases, this information may be provided by our business partners if their products and services beneficially complement or supplement our products and services.
• To allow you to create a personal user profile (vetsXL ID or petsXL ID), which enables you to access our products and services at all VetZ companies. You therefore confirm that the personal data necessary for the creation of your user profile may be shared and used for this purpose within all VetZ companies. Some of our products and services allow you to share information about yourself (including personal data) with other registered users of the same products and services. You can use the functions of the respective products and services to determine what information you would like to share.
• To customise information about us and our products and services to precisely fit your needs. Doing so allows us to offer you precisely the products and services that interest you when you visit our website.
• To offer you a personalised user experience and show you protected content.
• To ensure and monitor the quality of the information and advice we provide.
• To contact you in response to customer enquiries, provide information about shipping and invoicing questions, provide feedback and provide support.
• To prepare our employees for questions that you have about us and our products and services.
• To organise competitions, raffles or other marketing or promotional activities.
• To conduct voluntary customer surveys in order to continuously improve our products and services.
• To process job enquiries.
• To prepare anonymised data with regard to the use of our websites, products and services that we use solely to improve our websites, products and services.
• To meet contractual obligations.
• To comply with applicable official regulations.
5. E-mail addresses
By stating your e-mail address, you allow us to contact you by e-mail. We do not share your e-mail address with third parties outside of the VetZ companies unless it is necessary for the business relationship between you and us. You may decide at any time to stop receiving e-mails from us. However, this decision will in no way affect the sending of e-mails that are necessary for maintaining the business relationship between you and us. Please note that, depending on the configuration of your e-mail application, sending an e-mail to us may automatically transmit information about you.
Our website contains order forms that you can use to purchase our products and services. These forms may also record payment information, such as your bank details or your credit card number. Financial data that you share with us in this manner will be used by us solely to invoice and process payment for the respective transaction. This includes the sharing of your data to third parties responsible for processing, such as banks, credit card companies or other financial and credit institutions.
7. IP addresses
We use your IP address to analyse malfunctions; to determine the country from which you are accessing our websites, products and services; to show corresponding legal notices; to manage the website; for quality assurance purposes; and to obtain demographic information. We record IP addresses solely in connection with your visit to our website.
8. Automated tools
During your visit to our websites, we gather data with the help of automated tools such as web beacons, cookies, integrated weblinks or other, generally used methods in addition to the information that you voluntarily share with us. The data we gather includes standard information that your browser sends to our website, such as your browser type and your language settings, access times or the address of the website through which you accessed our website. You may opt out of the use of automated tools by setting your browser accordingly if no other methods for your selection are listed further below. Please note that the settings with regard to cookies in your browser are only applicable for the browser respectively installed on a certain device. Therefore, you must select the cookie settings in the browsers of all relevant devices when visiting our website with other browsers or other devices. However, doing so may limit the full functionality of the corresponding website. We currently use the following automated tools for the purposes described as follows.Google Analytics
Our e-mails often contain links that guide you to the appropriate area of the internet following forwarding by our server. Forwarding enables us to change the target URL of these links and thereby analyse the effectiveness of our marketing measures. We can also determine whether you have actually clicked on a link in one of our e-mails. Please do not click on the links if you do not want us to analyse information about whether or not you click on the links in our e-mails.Cookies
9. Sharing of personal data
We are also entitled to share this information to the respectively necessary extent with business partners, service providers, authorised third parties or contractors (hereinafter referred to as “third-party providers”) to allow third-party providers to provide services that you request in connection with our products and services, such as processing orders, registering for events and seminars, providing support services, providing information on our products and services or analysing how people use our websites. If required by law, third-party providers are bound to corresponding agreements and/or comprehensive non-disclosure agreements and may therefore use your personal data solely to provide the requested services.
We do not sell, rent or relinquish your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
10. Security of personal data
We are committed to protecting your personal data from unauthorised access, unauthorised use and unauthorised disclosure. To do so, we employ standard security technologies, additional security procedures and organisational measures. We prevent the misuse of your data through server technology and preventive security measures that are kept up to date at all times. We oblige our employees and third-party providers to protect data and maintain secrecy. We are not responsible for the content and data protection measures of external websites if you click on links to external websites from our website and use said websites. We therefore recommend reading the privacy policies of external websites attentively.
We communicate with you at regular intervals by e-mail, telephone and other means when you use our products and services to inform you of changes to our products and services, send you invoices, confirm your registrations or send you other information that is necessary for maintaining the business relationship between you and us, for example. It is normally not possible for you to object to this non-marketing-related communication and the associated receipt of information. We only use marketing-related communication if you have granted us your consent to do so (if required by law) and we have given you the option to revoke this consent. You may make use of the option to revoke your consent by taking advantage of the revocation options stated in the respective e-mails or sending your request to email@example.com.
12. Data retention
We retain your personal data only as long as required by the purpose or legal regulations for which they were gathered. Unless otherwise prevented from doing so by law, we will delete your data as soon as you inform us that we may no longer process your personal data. Please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the use of our products and services will be possible only to a limited extent or not at all in this event. If we are forced to retain your personal data due to legal regulations, we will exclude them from further processing and delete the corresponding personal data as soon as the obligation to retain it has expired.
13. Updating personal data
We require your support to guarantee that the personal data you have provided to us is correct and up to date. Registered users can update their data as needed online at www.vetsXL.com
14. US-specific provisions
The following will also apply if we are subject to US data protection guidelines:Do not track